Lilly at a glance
- Almost a 140 years history and heritage in making people’s lives better: founded on May 10, 1876
- Headquarters in Indianapolis, Indiana, U.S.A.
- Approximately 38,000 employees worldwide
- More than 7,700 employees engaged in research and development.
- Clinical research conducted in more than 55 countries
- Manufacturing plants located in 13 countries
- Research and development facilities located in eight countries
- Products marketed in 125 countries
- Lilly’s annual investment in R&D in Europe doubled to over €450 million over the last decade
- €1.2 billion invested in manufacturing over 10 years
Lilly supports the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI) the largest private-public partnership in Life Science R&D and actively participates in some 19 projects for diabetes, neuroscience and oncology, investing more than €20 million